Articles & Resources
Knowledge Base – Explanation of Published Articles:
Many of the strategies presented in the seminars have also been addressed in articles published in print or online in industry publications.
The Knowledge Base section of the website gives you the opportunity to read many articles and learn about the strategies in greater details.
The Knowledge Base initially contains approximately 100 articles from the following four publications:
- Financial Adviser (UK) – A Financial Times Publication
- Professional Adviser (UK) – An Incisive Media publication
- Advisor.ca (Canada) – By Rogers Publishing
- InsuranceNewsNet Magazine – Published by Insurancenewsnet
Questions and Answers:
1. Why are these articles useful?
- You may have attended a semainar and wanted to review the strategies in detail;
- You are considering a seminar for your advisors and want to learn about the strategies
- You are facing a challenge and don’t want to reinvent the wheel finding a solution
2. How are British and Canadian articles useful for US advisors?
- You speak English. They speak English. They face the same problems as you.
- The strategies presented in seminars are similar from country to country
- The financial services industries and the issues they face are similar to US issues
3. Are you published elsewhere? Why are those articles not included?
- Several other publications carry articles;
- Some of the websites are subscription sites. You would need to enroll to access them;
- Some are included in online magazines. A link takes you to the cover page only.
4. Can I make lots of copies and hand them out in the office and to my friends?
- No. Each publication copyrights articles. The linked page should have reprint info.
- Circulating the link to advisors should be acceptable. You are driving them traffic.
- Articles should be limited to readers in the financial services industry
|American City Business journals (AJBJ) is the largest publisher of metropolitan business newsweeklies in the United States with 43 business publications reaching more than 3.6 million readers each week.|
8 Strategies for Closing Sales by Year End
From Nov 22, 2017: In sales, how do you create a sense of urgency while acting in the interests of your client?
Why a Top Down Marketing Strategy is Attractive
From November 2017: Instead of getting people interested, then learning if they have the assets to qualify, approach it from the opposite direction
Why Sales and Dating are Practically the Same
From November 2017: The rules of dating also apply when tactfully cultivating prospects for business
How Wealthy Friends Prefer Being Approached for Business
From October 2017: Your wealthy friends are constantly asked to invest or contribute to worthy causes
12 Unlikely Places to Make Business Contacts
From September 2017: Advisors with busy social lives often meet people who could be ideal prospects under the right circumstances
How to Get Someone Interested in Doing Business with You
From September 2017: You do a spectacular job on behalf of your clients. Does this confidence and enthusiasm come across to your prospect?
7 Ways to Convert Community involvement into Leads
From August 2017: You meet people and they know other people. Mentioning your name is a natural thing to do
8 10 Things Friends Need to Know Before They Do Business
From November 2017: Your friends might think all your clients are wealthier than they are
8 Ways for Agents to Answer, What Do You Do?
From October 2017: When answering this question, we want to invite them in, not push them away
6 Ways for Social Prospectors to Read the Room
From September 2017: Look before you leap because some people may be in the room, but not in the mood
One Liners for Asking Friends to Do Business with You
From July 2017: Five fast and easy questions or expressions to drop into conversations
5 More One Liners for Asking Friends to do Business with You
From September 2017: More expressions do drop into casual conversations, because nothing ventured is nothing gained
|FTAdviser.com is FT Business’ all encompassing website dedicated to the financial intermediary market, covering investments, mortgage, pensions, insurance, regulation and other key issues shaping the market.|
Should I Stay or Should I Go?
From January 2016: There’s a case for staying at the firm that hired you and another case for moving across the street
Breaking Price Increases Gently
From June 2014: The financial services industry is one of the few fields where people are reluctant to tell customers costs are rising
Majority Rules, Minority Rights
From November 2017: What happens when the firm’s founder finds themselves a minority shareholder in the business they built?
Getting a Handle on Your Destiny
From April 2014: How do annuities work? What does each party expect from the other?
10 Reasons to invest Face to Face over Online
From February 2014: What value does a financial advisor bring to the relationship?
What to do When a Romance Turns Sour
From January 2013: Long term client relationships sometimes get taken for granted by some advisors